BLACK & DECKER CS1518 Review
The Black and Decker brand has already established themselves as a solid power tools company. This is not a surprising fact since they have continuously created chainsaws that are not only affordable, but they have also designed a variety of models that are meant to serve different purposes. All you need to do is take your pick among their electric powered chainsaw line. In this review, we take a look at their CS1518 corded chainsaw.
The Black and Decker CS1518 is an electric corded chainsaw with an 18 inch Oregon bar and chain with reduced kickback which is powered by a 15 amp motor. It is best for cutting trees and branches and general landscaping around your yard.
In contrast with other electric chainsaws, this unit can cut through bigger branches. This machine is on the heavier side since it has a dry weight of 12 pounds and measures 13 x 10 x 20 inches. Additionally, this model costs less than a hundred dollars and it also comes with Black and Decker’s limited two-year warranty.
The CS1518 comes with an automatic oiling and self-lubricating system and added view window that allows you to monitor the oil level. Moreover, this chainsaw is designed with an automatic chain tensioning system that guarantees ease in tightening and replacing chains when needed without the need of any tools.
When it comes to the safety features of this unit, it comes with an automatic chain brake system that is set in motion under kickback conditions to ensure that the operator can avoid being smacked by the running chain. You will also need to press the trigger button along with the dead man’s switch in order for the chainsaw to begin working. This ensures that the equipment will not suddenly begin an unexpected launch.
The instruction manual is not user-friendly since the instructions that come with it are difficult to understand for an average chainsaw user. There are reported cases that the chains will jump off the bar, but this could be attributed to human error or a defective unit since it appears to be an isolated case.
As with most corded saws, the extension cords can become a hindrance to your work since they can easily get in your way because they limit your working area.
Pros and cons
- Engineered with both an automated oiling and lubricating system where you can easily monitor oil levels through the transparent window
- Avoids sudden launch because you need to squeeze the trigger switch and the dead man’s together before cutting
- The automated chain brake system allows for quick adjustments and tensioning of chains, plus it also provides maximum safety for the operator of the chainsaw
- The manual for this unit is terribly written and the instructions are hard to comprehend
- There are complaints that the chains would easily go off the bar, however, this could be due to user error or a faulty unit
Chainsaw Expert for Electricchainsawexpert.com