Remington RM1425 Review
Since this unit comes from the Remington brand, this unit is not only affordable but is also a convenient and efficient product to use.
The Remington RM1425 is a corded electric chainsaw that has a 14-inch low kickback bar and chain that comes with an electric motor that is powered with 8 amps, which makes it ideal for any of your limbing and trimming task and for cutting smaller trees. This unit also has a dry weight of only 6.25 pounds that measures 8 x 7 x 14 inches and this makes it easier for the user to control and maneuver the equipment without having to break a sweat. This machine is not only fairly priced, but it also guarantees great quality according to various user reviews.
The Remington RM1425 comes with an oiler that has a push button which allows you to add just the right amount of oil to your engine, along with an oil reservoir that makes it relatively easy to view your oil levels. This unit also has an external chain tension adjuster that enables easier tensioning of your chains, plus a knob handle for any horizontal cutting or trimming.
A security feature that is included with the Remington RM1425 is a right-hand guard for the added safety of the user. Since this unit comes with a reduced kickback, you are guaranteed more precise firewood cuts and this unit is also considered to be an environment-friendly chainsaw. Apart from being fully assembled upon delivery, this model can easily start by clutching through the trigger button so it is possible to immediately begin work upon receiving your own Remington RM1425.
There have been several reported cases of chain oil leaks, but this can easily be fixed when you lay the unit with its chain side down. There can also be difficulties in adjusting the chain tension since it can become too stiff or too wobbly.
The Remington RM1425 might only contain basic features, but it is considered to be practical since this chainsaw is quite easy on the pocket. Similar to most electric powered chainsaws, this unit is also not meant for cutting heavier wood.
Pros and cons
- The product is delivered in a fully assembled state and this makes it easier for the user to start working with the equipment
- As this unit only weighs 6.25 pounds, it is extremely lightweight and is ideal for small household cutting tasks
- The unit is designed with a push-button oiler that allows you to only add a sufficient amount of oil to your engine and it also comes with an easy to view oil reservoir for confirming your oil levels
- It comes with a hand guard that protects the user in the event that the chain shatters or derails
- Despite the presence of an external tensioning system, the chain tension is quite difficult to adjust, since they can either become too loose or too tight
- Chain oil leaks commonly occur, but this is extremely manageable
- Users have commented that the unit is not as durable as other chainsaw models, however, other users have stated that their Remington RM1425 has been working properly even after several years
For a neophyte chainsaw user, this is probably the most ideal chainsaw to start with. If you are looking to start working with chainsaws, the Remington RM 1425 Limb N’ Trim is affordable, needs little maintenance, and is already ready for your use when you receive it. It has all the basic features of a chainsaw, and is beyond practical for the average household, especially when it comes to your limbing and trimming needs and for cutting smaller trees.
Chainsaw Expert for Electricchainsawexpert.com